Let's Go Shopping - Downloadable Guide
Your essential guide to household shopping in Denmark
We all remember our first day at the supermarket, or the restaurant and yes those labels can be challenging!
Drawing on the experiences of the CIS community, this guide was put together to help you feel more at home in this wonderful city.
Some of the information from the guide can be found below.
Home Grocery Delivery
● Nemlig - Online supermarket.
● Aarstiderne will supply boxed, seasonal, organic food year-round, with free delivery.
● Den Grønne Asparges is another option for home delivery of organic food.
● Skagen Food supply boxes of fresh, seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on fish.
Where can I buy ....?
Health & Body Products
Pharmacies (Apotek) are located in most towns. The Apotek has a range of medical supplies, over the counter medicines, vitamins as well as children’s products. Many non-prescription items are available behind the counter; take a number and ask for the items. All staff at Apotek are well-trained. You can fill your prescription at any Apotek.
Matas is a drug store chain where you can find soaps, creams, shampoos etc as well as household cleaning supplies. For a good range of toiletries, make-up and household products at reasonable prices, try Normal.
Specialty Food Shopping
- Perchs Tea: Kronprinsensgade 5, 1114 København K, 33 15 35 77. Traditional tea shop. The interior has not changed since it opened in 1835.
- Conditori La Glace: Skoubogade 3, 1158 København, 33 14 46 46. Dates back to 1870. Run by six generations, La Glace is renowned for the delicious Sports Cake with crushed nougat, whipped cream, macaroon bottom and caramelized choux pastry.
- Supermarco: Støbegodsvej 1, 2450 København, 33 93 82 93. The place for "real pasta, real cafe, real dolce vita". Get your San Pellegrino, tiramisu, grappa, mascarpone, panna cotta and other Italian specialities here.
- Fru Hurup: Likørstraede 5, 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Tel: 45 87 93 01. A good selection of baking items including sugar paste for cake decorating.
- Special Købmanden: Tel: 20 98 85 11. They have a fantastic range of baking products for making birthday cakes, cupcakes or cake pops. They also offer courses from basic cake decoration to more advanced themed cake creation like pirate ships or dragons! You can order products and book courses via their online store
- Strandvejens Fisk: Strandvejen 191, 2900 Hellerup, 39 62 35 36.
- Fiskeriet: Jægersborg Allé 37, 2920 Charlottenlund, 39 64 14 63.
- Kildegårds Fiskehal: Kildegårdsvej 15, 2900 Hellerup, 39 62 28 48.
- Tvilling: Kattegatvej 63, 2150 Nordhavn, 39 16 38 00. This is a wholesale fish market but private individuals can also buy smaller quantities. Open Monday to Friday 04.00-14.00.
Books in English
- Books and Company: Sofievej 1, 2900 Hellerup, 39 30 40 45.
Copenhagen’s only bookshop dedicated to stocking a wide range of English books including the latest fiction, non-fiction, cookery books, art and coffee table books, travel literature, and books for children and young adults.
- Juhl-Sørensen: Brofogedvej 10, 2400 København NV, 70 13 17 44
- Scandinavian Brass & Woodwind: Nørre Farimagsgade 31, 1364 København K, 33 14 02 14
- Violinbygger Birger Kulmbach: Lavendelstræde 10, 1462 København K, 33 16 40 80
- Jørn Holm Larsen: Violin Shop
- Danmusik: Vognmagergade 7, 1120 København K, 33 15 78 88
- i.K. Gottfried: Kronprinsessegade 44C, 1306 København K, 33 11 10 47
- Musikhuset Aage Jensen: Landemærket 29, 1119 København K, 33 18 19 00